Cooking with tea has become very popular. We have been very fortunate to have several recipes created especially for Thompson's Fine Teas by Meryl Bennan.
Meryl specializes in Food Communications Services, creating recipes, food styling and writing. If you would like more information about Meryl's services, she may be reached by email at: email@example.com.
Jasmine Tea Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Melt half of the butter in a small bowl and stir in tea. Allow to steep for 3 minutes.
3. Strain tea from butter and mix together with remaining butter in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes until light.
4. Mix in flour and cornstarch.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten into circles.
6. Combine milk and remaining tea in a small bowl. Brush onto cookies.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
To order Jasmine Tea - Click here
Garden Blend Breakfast Scones
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine cream and tea in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse crumble.
5. Pour cream through strainer. Add 1/2 cup to egg and reserve remaining cream for later.
6. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients to form a dough. Knead a few times on a floured surface, but do not over mix.
7. Shape into a 7-inch circle and cut into 6 wedges. Place each scone onto a lightly greased baking sheet and brush tops with remaining cream.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
To order Garden Blend Herbal Tea - Click here